Weekend Recommendations #36

This is a (sometimes) weekly feature, where I get to go all fannish about two randomly-picked favvies (which may not actually be favorites, but got a rating of 3 or more strawberries) that I would recommend to friends!


Title: Storybound
Author: Marissa Burt
Part of a Series: Storybound #1
Genre: children's fantasy
Rating: 3 out of 5
Who'll Like It: Girls and boys alike, eight to thirteen, fans of fantasy and books like Inkheart.

Why I Liked It:

Well, as I'm sure you know, I am a fan of Inkheart and Middle Grade fantasy. This book has a similar concept to Inkheart, so I decided to give it a try. It was a lot of fun. The protagonists are great, the world is awesome, and the plot was very engaging.




Title: The Testing
Author: Joelle Charbonneau
Part of a Series: The Testing #1
Genre: dystopian
Rating: 3 out of 5
Who'll Like It: Girls and guys, teens, fans of The Hunger Games-like concepts. While this certainly doesn't live up to that trilogy, it would appeal to dystopian fans.

Why I Liked It:

It was just a fun, quick, easy read. While the characters and the world building felt underdeveloped, I also didn't dislike anyone, and The Testing was relatively interesting. Not as brutal or menacing at the Hunger Games, but still interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 TBR Update #8

Waiting on Wednesday: Ghostly Echoes

Review: The Fire Wish - Amber Lough