Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic: Top 10 Things I'm Thankful For. Because this is a literary blog, I'm going to stick with the top 10 literary-related things I'm thankful for.
- I'm eternally thankful for my job at a local bookstore. Big news: I joined the ranks of the employed some weeks ago, but got too busy to officially announce it on any of my social networks. So this is probably the first time any of you are hearing about it!
- I'm thankful for my beautiful bookshelves that my dad has built for me. While not a big fan of painted shelves (because they show wear too easily), I have to say that my bookshelves are very gorgeous and I do enjoy touching them up whenever the wear starts to show.
- I'm thankful for my new 7-year pen! It's my newest writing implement, all turquoise with a peacock feather design. Made in Switzerland, the ink is supposed to last for seven years. Knowing the Swiss, it probably will to the exact day that I bought it. And even if it doesn't, it's a nice pen.
- I'm thankful for my two local libraries! If I had to buy every single book I read, I wouldn't read so many different books because I would be afraid of wasting money on something I hate, and I also wouldn't have as much new material to read, because I can't afford to buy that many books that often.
- I'm thankful for Bilbo, my reading hedgehog. He inspired this blog and he's also a terrific reading companion. He sits in my sweater pocket the entire time and patiently tolerates my sudden exclamations of surprise or irritating (though it does tend to set him off hissing).
- I'm thankful for my critic's book slip cover that my sister made for me. Reading so many different books, sometimes I'll have one that I don't really want the public to know I'm reading, so it's nice to have the slip cover to put over those books.
- I'm thankful for chocolate! Where would we Readers be without chocolate to help us get through the emotions?
- I'm thankful for my cushy reading chair. I've always wanted a proper reading chair, and while this one isn't red, like I always imagined my reading chair, the olive-brown complexion goes very well with my library and the chair is cushy. And when a chair is cushy, who cares about color?! Now I just need a reading lamp, end table, and footstool!
- I'm thankful for my snuggly fleece blanket. Chocolate, cushy chair, a hot drink, and a snuggly blanket are all necessary for reading - especially during the winter.
- And last, but most certainly not least, I am thankful for all of the faithful blog followers I have! Thank you so much, guys, for following my blog and getting the word out there about it! Maybe as my blog grows more and more, I'll actually start hosting giveaways!