Top Ten Tuesday #34
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic: Top 10 Popular Authors I Have Never Read. Some of these authors are on my TBR list; others are purposely on my "never read before" list and will stay there. ;-)
- Stephanie Meyer. I don't do vampires, I don't do vampires, I don't do vampires! I don't do vampires specifically because of this Author. She made them very uncool (Dracula would be appalled), and she almost ruined werewolves, too.
- Terry Pratchett. I know I have a few of his books on my TBR. He's just one of those Authors that I've never gotten around to reading, mostly because he's written so bloody much.
- J. K. Rowling. I have all but one of the Harry Potter books on my shelves, waiting to be read! When the books first came out, I wasn't into fantasy beyond fairy tales. Then, when they became so bloody popular, I resisted for the simple fact that they were so bloody popular. I don't do popular.
- George R. R. Martin. I don't know whether or not I ever will read his books. They sound awesome, I think they're on my TBR list, but I will probably never get around to them. They're so bloody looooooong! I barely have enough time to get through Charles Dickens, and I love his books!
- Veronica Rossi. Nope, never will read these. They sound too chick-ish, too mushy, and very pointless. I like dystopian, but not dystopian romance.
- Julie Kagawa. Her books are on my TBR, and I have every intention of reading her books this year - or at least start buying them so I can marathon all of them next year.
- Cassandra Clare. If I remember correctly, she actually does have a new series coming out that I do have on my TBR list. But I'm not going to read the series that made her popular: The Mortal Instruments. Just . . . . no. Not my thing.
- Rainbow Rowell. Fangirl and Eleanor & Park are both on my TBR, but I'm not sure I'm actually going to get through them ever. I want to try, but I don't think it'll be successful.
- Sarah Dessen. Not a chick-lit fan; not even a little bit. Some chick-lit, like the more sweet, comic ones, I can sometimes do. But not Sarah Dessen; never Sarah Dessen.
- Stephen King. I think that the majority of people have read at least one of his books in their lifetime. Not all, but the majority. I have . . . two of his books on my list because they sound interesting and I like their movie adaptions. But apart from those, I've never had much interest in reading his books. Horror isn't my thing.
What are some popular authors you've never read?