Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic: Top 10 Characters I Would NEVER Want to Trade Places With/Top 10 Worlds I Would Never Want to Visit. So I'm splitting this in two, with top 5 worlds and top 5 characters. Call it cheating, but it will make it easier for me. ;-)
Top 5 Characters I Would Never Want to Trade Places With
- Liesel from The Book Thief. Sure she lives in the end, but everyone she loves dies. If I'm to be in that particular era, I don't really want to be in Germany.
- Sauron from The Lord of the Rings. The dude doesn't even get to be a proper villain. He's a tower! And a little gold ring! How dull is that?! Not to mention he's totally ineffectual.
- Any character in Twilight. I would NEVER want to trade places with anyone in Twilight, because it would mean that I would be in Twilight! The horror!
- Katniss from The Hunger Games. Before all of you shout, "But she gets Peeta in the end!" let me remind you of everything she has to go through first. And everything she loses. Yeah, no, not trading places.
- Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter. Not only would I not have a nose, but if I'm to be a villain, I don't want to be that pathetic of a villain.
Top 5 Worlds I Would Never Want to Visit
- Middle Earth. If I want scenery like Middle Earth, well, I'll just stay where I'm at! Other than Bilbo or Boromir, there isn't anyone I would want to meet in Middle Earth. No Sam, no Frodo, no Gandalf - no one. Not a single one.
- Alagasia. I would go to Middle Earth first. Don't even get me started on why I would never want to visit Alagasia. The rant will never stop.
- Twilight Forks. Real-life Forks, Washington is fine. I have been to Forks several times (before Twilight, thank you very much) and it's a pretty typical Pacific Northwest little town. Twilight Forks is nothing like Forks, and Twilight Forks also equals vampires, werewolves . . . Bella. Edward. Shudder.
- The Land of Oz. I hate Oz. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! 15 books in one year - I did not become enthralled with the magical land of Oz. There is nothing enchanting or whimsical or wonderful about it. I hate Oz!
- Wonderland. While I enjoy Lewis Carroll's classic story, I wouldn't want to visit Wonderland. It's way too much like a drug trip.