Top 10 2016 Bookish Resolutions

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish 


This week's topic: Top 10 2016 Bookish Resolutions. You know, I've never been one for setting goals. To be honest - and I am so not lying or trying to sound better than everyone else - I've never needed goals. They kind of get in the way of my accomplishing anything. As soon as I set a goal - well, I'm not doing whatever it is I'm doing because I want to. I'm doing it for a new reason that just sucks out all of my motivation. So "resolutions" aren't really my thing. That being said, I went ahead and made some this year. ;-)

  1. READ! I was doing really well in 2015, but then something happened - my love for reading kind of. . . .disappeared. I mean, it was still there, but I wasn't quite so enthusiastic about it. To be honest, I wouldn't have succeeded with my Goodreads reading challenge if I hadn't started reading so much manga. So! In 2016, I'm gonna get my reading mojo back!
  2. Buy less, read more! I own so, so, so many books I haven't read yet. And I keep buying more books! So! In 2016, I'm going to read the books I already have and buy fewer.
  3. Finish those series! I also have a lot of series going that I need to finish - like now. So! In 2016, I'm gonna tackle those series!
  4. Do more reading challenges! Reading challenges don't have to be stressful, and I actually do have fun doing the year-long ones. So! In 2016, I'm going to do a few more reading challenges!  Currently, I'm doing 3!
  5. Get to some of those books that have been on my TBR forEVER! We all have them. Books I really do want to read. . . .but somehow we never get around to reading them. I'm guilty of doing this with more popular books. When they come out, I intend to read them. But they just slip by and eventually they reach a popularity status where it really isn't necessary for me to read them cuz everyone and their grandmother has.
  6. Smaller TBRs! I'm famous for giving myself more to do in a month than I can realistically accomplish. I am hoping that with balance being restored to my previously hectic and topsy-turvy life, I'll be able to read a LOT more than I did last year. But still - I need to create realistic TBRs for my busy life so I don't get stressed.
  7. Booktubing! Part of the reason I've been absent from my channel is because of my *expletive* camera. If it didn't still take good pictures, I would throw it against a wall. I am so done trying to get it to take video. Thankfully, one of my friends is loaning me her video recorder for a very extended period of time (essentially, until I can afford one of my own).
  8. Read what I want! I'm one of those people that doesn't DNF books. Once I start one, I'm committed. But life is short and there's so much to read; why waste time on a book I won't like?
  9. Pay attention to them ARCs! Poor ARCs; they get neglected so often. Which is really bad of me. I'm a reviewer; ARCs should take priority.
  10. Have fun! Maybe this is a copout resolution. But somewhere along the line of 2015, I forgot the reason why I started my blog in the first place. Some of you know that I had to take a break during the summer to reassess my blogging purpose, but throughout the chaos of fall, I sort of lost sight of my reasons again. Reading, blogging - none of it was supposed to feel like a chore or a job. I need to remember that I do this because I love books. That has always been my reason and it always should be. :-)

Comments

  1. I'm planning on doing my first reading challenge this year apart from Goodreads (like the specific ones where you read certain books). There's so many to choose from though :P And I'm with you on the buy less- read more. I need to do the same. Good luck with your bookish resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of reading challenges. As well as the Goodreads challenge, I'm doing the A-Z challenge and another one where there's 6 theme words and you read a book for one of the words (except I'm trying to do 2 words a month if I can). So, so, so need to do the read more/buy less. My shelves are so full - even after I culled them two days ago. And now my manga shelf is. . . .well, I don't want to talk about that. ;) Good luck with yours, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting The Reading Hedgehog! The hedgie and I love hearing from our readers, so please feel free to leave a comment or question! I always try to reply within a day or two. Please keep all comments civil and clean.

Popular posts from this blog

2016 TBR Update #8

Waiting on Wednesday: Ghostly Echoes

Review: The Fire Wish - Amber Lough