Top 10 2016 Bookish Resolutions
This week's topic: Top 10 2016 Bookish Resolutions. You know, I've never been one for setting goals. To be honest - and I am so not lying or trying to sound better than everyone else - I've never needed goals. They kind of get in the way of my accomplishing anything. As soon as I set a goal - well, I'm not doing whatever it is I'm doing because I want to. I'm doing it for a new reason that just sucks out all of my motivation. So "resolutions" aren't really my thing. That being said, I went ahead and made some this year. ;-)
- READ! I was doing really well in 2015, but then something happened - my love for reading kind of. . . .disappeared. I mean, it was still there, but I wasn't quite so enthusiastic about it. To be honest, I wouldn't have succeeded with my Goodreads reading challenge if I hadn't started reading so much manga. So! In 2016, I'm gonna get my reading mojo back!
- Buy less, read more! I own so, so, so many books I haven't read yet. And I keep buying more books! So! In 2016, I'm going to read the books I already have and buy fewer.
- Finish those series! I also have a lot of series going that I need to finish - like now. So! In 2016, I'm gonna tackle those series!
- Do more reading challenges! Reading challenges don't have to be stressful, and I actually do have fun doing the year-long ones. So! In 2016, I'm going to do a few more reading challenges! Currently, I'm doing 3!
- Get to some of those books that have been on my TBR forEVER! We all have them. Books I really do want to read. . . .but somehow we never get around to reading them. I'm guilty of doing this with more popular books. When they come out, I intend to read them. But they just slip by and eventually they reach a popularity status where it really isn't necessary for me to read them cuz everyone and their grandmother has.
- Smaller TBRs! I'm famous for giving myself more to do in a month than I can realistically accomplish. I am hoping that with balance being restored to my previously hectic and topsy-turvy life, I'll be able to read a LOT more than I did last year. But still - I need to create realistic TBRs for my busy life so I don't get stressed.
- Booktubing! Part of the reason I've been absent from my channel is because of my *expletive* camera. If it didn't still take good pictures, I would throw it against a wall. I am so done trying to get it to take video. Thankfully, one of my friends is loaning me her video recorder for a very extended period of time (essentially, until I can afford one of my own).
- Read what I want! I'm one of those people that doesn't DNF books. Once I start one, I'm committed. But life is short and there's so much to read; why waste time on a book I won't like?
- Pay attention to them ARCs! Poor ARCs; they get neglected so often. Which is really bad of me. I'm a reviewer; ARCs should take priority.
- Have fun! Maybe this is a copout resolution. But somewhere along the line of 2015, I forgot the reason why I started my blog in the first place. Some of you know that I had to take a break during the summer to reassess my blogging purpose, but throughout the chaos of fall, I sort of lost sight of my reasons again. Reading, blogging - none of it was supposed to feel like a chore or a job. I need to remember that I do this because I love books. That has always been my reason and it always should be. :-)