The Perfect Graduation Gift

It's true that I don't graduate from college until Friday. But I wanted a friend to be able to come along on my "special" graduation trip, so I went a week ahead of time. Where did I go? Powell's City of Books, of course! $89.50 in my pocket (part graduation gift from my parents and part from after I sold a few paperbacks at Powell's), I was feeling the need to buy some books. While this month's haul wasn't a motherload, it was still a pretty good one, and I'm pleased with the books I got. Of course, once more my shelves are overflowing, but what to do? I haven't had time to work on my new shelf (hopefully I will this summer, cross fingers!). So I guess it's back to having the Leaning Tower of Books on my floor. Anyway, here's what I got!
  • The Inside Story by Michael Buckley
  • A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
  • The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
  • Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesner
  • Stowaway by Karen Hesse
  • Our Only May Amelia by Jennifer L. Holm
  • Doomed Queen Anne by Carolyn Meyer
  • The Empress's Tomb by Kirsten Miller
  • The Princess, the Crone, and the Dung-Cart Knight by Gerald Morris
  • Daughter of Venice by Donna Jo Napoli
  • Drowned Wednesday by Garth Nix
  • A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park
  • An Unlikely Friendship by Ann Rinaldi
  • The Secret of the Rose by Sarah L. Thomson
Five of them were to replace some worn paperbacks (yes, I'm still working on replacing everything from paperback to hardcover; it takes a while), and the rest were new buys. The only faith-buy I did this time was Ann Rinaldi's book, but it was an informed faith-buy because I've never once read one of her books that I was disappointed with. Sadly, my next trip to Powell's won't be until Christmas. Any graduation money I get from relatives and the like will have to go towards new released (September is looking busy for new books!).

Happy shopping, Readers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 TBR Update #8

Waiting on Wednesday: Ghostly Echoes

Review: The Fire Wish - Amber Lough