Raining Books - How 'Bout You?

Yesterday I went book shopping at my all-time favorite new-and-used bookstore. It was a good time to do that, too; I was feeling upset and all-around low because school started today and Christmas/New Year's is officially over. Time to go about the depressing business of pulling the decorations down . . .


But I won't dwell on such sad thoughts - I don't want to make my Readers depressed along with me! So instead I will set about relating what wonderful treasures I returned home with, and now reside on my overflowing shelves:
  • The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer
  • Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
  • The Shining Company by Rosemary Sutcliff
  • The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff
  • Dave at Night by Gail Carson Levine
  • Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix
  • Rowan and the Zebak by Emily Rodda
  • Mutiny's Daughter by Ann Rinaldi
It is unfortunate that my funds were as limited as they were, because I had to make some difficult choices between books; I only hope that some of those books are still there when next I can go back (which will be sometime in April; possibly March). But these 8 new books should tide my need to buy books until the next visit - I'm just glad that I found two of Rosemary Sutcliff's books, and an Enola Holmes book (The Case of the Missing Marquess). Hopefully I'll make some more wonderful discoveries next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 TBR Update #8

Waiting on Wednesday: Ghostly Echoes

Review: The Fire Wish - Amber Lough