Top Ten Tuesday #89 + Teaser Tuesday #50
Top Ten Authors I've Read the Most Of. I had to pull statistics up on Goodreads for this one. Let's get started!
- Ann Rinaldi comes in first at 26 books. And that number just keeps climbing. She's written so many books and I want to read all of them.
- Rosemary Sutcliffe comes in second at 25 books. Like Ann Rinaldi, she's written so much and I want to read them all.
- Lemony Snicket comes in third at 24 books. I don't think that is counting his picture books, so I have actually read more than that because I know I've read all of his books.
- Avi comes in fourth at 20 books. He was my favorite author as a kid and I still really enjoy his books, if only because it creates a sense of nostalgia.
- Caroline Lawrence comes in fifth at 17 books. I loved her Roman Mysteries series, and read every single one of them.
- John Flanagan comes in sixth at 16 books. I have one more book I need to read and then I'll be all caught up.
- Anthony Horowitz comes in seventh at 15 books. Alex Rider and his two Sherlock Holmes novels - and the first four Gatekeepers series (which I still need to finish).
- Rick Riordan comes in eighth at 13 books. Surprise? No.
- Gail Carson Levine comes in ninth at 12 books. My favorite fairy tale retelling author!
- Finally, Michael Buckley comes in tenth at 10 books.
- Grab the book you're currently reading.
- Flip to a random page!
- Share 2 teaser sentences on that page!
Michael didn't dare admit it to his friends, but he was beyond terrified. They'd paid a lot of money for their Coffins, making the VirtNet drastically real - which was great for the pleasures in life. Not so great for getting stabbed, beaten, and strangled. Michael had done a lot of stuff inside the Sleep, but what lay below him looked worse than any of it. He was walking into sheer brutality. And bringing in other skills or weapons through the code didn't look like the brightest prospect after the difficulty they'd had programming hats and gloves. The Eye of Minds by James Dashner (pg. 132)