Back in April, I got some birthday money to spend on books (yay!). So this last weekend, I went down to my all-time favorite bookstore on a "book buying expedition." As usual, there were more titles I wanted than I had money, so I had to let prices determine which books I got and which I left for another time. It was an excellent day to go shopping. The sun was out, there was a nice breeze, and excitement in the air. After a yummy lunch of Thai food, my friend and I hit the bookstore. Three hours later . . .
May 2013 book purchases
Ten hardcovers in good condition for $56.00 - now that's a great deal. Within that stack of titles are:
- I Am Rembrandt's Daughter by Lynn Cullen
- Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
- I, Coriander by Sally Gardner
- The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison
- Lady Friday by Garth Nix
- Nine Days a Queen by Ann Rinaldi
- Outlaw Princess of Sherwood by Nancy Springer
- The Case of the Left-Handed Lady by Nancy Springer
- Talking to Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
- Queen's Own Fool by Jane Yolen
I replaced two paperbacks (I Am Rembrandt's Daughter and Talking to Dragons), bought four stand-alones that I've been wanting forever and hadn't been able to find (I, Coriander, Dragon Rider, Nine Days a Queen, and Queen's Own Fool), and obtained four books that are part of series I need to finish buying (The Princess and the Hound, Lady Friday, Outlaw Princess of Sherwood, and The Case of the Left-Handed Lady).
For a mid-year haul, I'd say it's not bad. Sadly, June will only have one book that I need to buy (Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood), but come September, October, November there's tons I'm going to be getting. Until then!