May 2013 Book Haul

Back in April, I got some birthday money to spend on books (yay!). So this last weekend, I went down to my all-time favorite bookstore on a "book buying expedition." As usual, there were more titles I wanted than I had money, so I had to let prices determine which books I got and which I left for another time. It was an excellent day to go shopping. The sun was out, there was a nice breeze, and excitement in the air. After a yummy lunch of Thai food, my friend and I hit the bookstore. Three hours later . . .
May 2013 book purchases
Ten hardcovers in good condition for $56.00 - now that's a great deal. Within that stack of titles are:
  • I Am Rembrandt's Daughter by Lynn Cullen
  • Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
  • I, Coriander by Sally Gardner
  • The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison
  • Lady Friday by Garth Nix
  • Nine Days a Queen by Ann Rinaldi
  • Outlaw Princess of Sherwood by Nancy Springer
  • The Case of the Left-Handed Lady by Nancy Springer
  • Talking to Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
  • Queen's Own Fool by Jane Yolen
I replaced two paperbacks (I Am Rembrandt's Daughter and Talking to Dragons), bought four stand-alones that I've been wanting forever and hadn't been able to find (I, CorianderDragon RiderNine Days a Queen, and Queen's Own Fool), and obtained four books that are part of series I need to finish buying (The Princess and the HoundLady FridayOutlaw Princess of Sherwood, and The Case of the Left-Handed Lady).

For a mid-year haul, I'd say it's not bad. Sadly, June will only have one book that I need to buy (Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood), but come September, October, November there's tons I'm going to be getting. Until then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 TBR Update #8

Waiting on Wednesday: Ghostly Echoes

Review: The Fire Wish - Amber Lough